CS101-Intro to Computing Quiz MCQS #Objective #Questions #Midterm
1. In binary Notation 11111111 is =
2. What will be the output of following OR expression 1010 OR 11111?
3.Data were stored in memory; programs were part of the ___
4. Which type of registers is used in program execution?
5. Which of the following is used to store data in computer?
6. UTF-8 uses 24 to ___ bits
7. To identify individual cells in a Computer’s main memory, each cell is assigned a unique “name” called its ___
- Address ✔
- Place holder
8. The repetitive use of an instruction or sequence of instructions is called ___
- Loop ✔
9. This finding maximum number function will keep on going until we reach at the last value
[12, 18, 299, 38, 999, 101, 500, 801, 45]
10. Dynamic ram – Stores bits as tiny electric Charge
11. The Binary Search Algorithm, what will be the mid value in second level of recursion in the following array
[45, 77, 89, 90, 94, 99, 100] and key = 99
12. Robots can be guided by an
13. Bit is:
14. Which of the following language is used for server side scripting?
15. Process states include the value of the program counter as well as the contents of the ___
- Related memory cells ✔
- Registers and related memory cells
- Registers and cache memory cells
16. How many iterations are required to find 88 in the following array?
[5, 6, 77, 88, 99]
17. 10.011 added to 100.11 produces
18. Th instruction code to halt machine cycle is
19. Which Excess notation is used to represent 100 as Zero?
20. ___ tag is used to write paragraph in HTML document
21. Let a list Fred, Alex, Diana, Byron, Carol
After sorted first sublist our list would be
- Alex, Fred, Diana, Byron, Carol ✔
- Fred, Alex, Diana, Byron, Carol
- Alex, Diana, Fred, Byron, Carol
- Alex, Fred, Byron, Diana, Carol
22. Which of the following is not true about pseudo code?
23. Which of the following statement is true?
24. The storage of a value with a fractional part requires that we store not only the pattern of 0s and 1s representing its binary representation but also the position of the ___
25. Software packages that allow users to access hypertext on the internet are called ___
26. ___ is also considered as character
- Small caps
- Large caps
- Space ✔
27. Word processor like Microsoft Word is an application that
28. ___ keyword is used in python language to define a word
29. Appearance of each pixel is encoded to form ___
- Geometric Structures
- Bitmap ✔
30. Average amount of time required for the desired data to rotate around to the read/write head once the head has been positioned over the desired track
31. Using ___ form eliminates the possibility of multiple representations for the same value.
32. The application layer uses the ___ to send and receive messages over the Internet
33. For a network to function reliably, it is important to establish rules by which activities are conducted. Such rules are called ___
34. A company can develop ___ for which it chooses to maintain ownership rights.
35. What will be the output of the following Pseudocode?
Input m=9, n=6
m=m + n
36. Search engines can search ___ type of information
37. A sequence of transactions in which the user establishes initial contact with a computer’s operating system is called ___
- Login ✔
- Boot state
38. In main memory each cell has unique ___ address
39. The execution of an algorithm must lead to ___
40. The memory manager allocates ___
- Mass storage space
- Memory space ✔
- Space in the process table
- Storage space
41. Which is the correct format to find out a value from any given list?
42. ___ refers to distributed systems that re more loosely coupled than clusters but that still work together to accomplish large tasks
43. After fetching instruction will be decoded and ___
44. Which protocol is suitable for wireless star networks?
45. VoIP consists of two processors on different machines transferring audio data via the ___ model
46. Which Excess notation is used to represent 10000 as zero?
47. SSDs stands for:
48. The binary of 8 in 2’s complement notation will be 1000, what will be the binary of -8?
49. In Hexadecimal notation, 1111 is represented by ___
50. A private key is used to ___ messages
51. The system software consists of two categories ___ and Utility software
52. Multi-programming is a way to implement?
- Time sharing ✔
- Real time processing
- Interactive processing
- Batch processing
53. ___ is form of VoIP service, which consists of such devices that allow a user to connect his or her traditional telephone to phone service provided by an access ISP
54. A negative exponent would mean yo move the radix to the ___
- Before sign bit
- Left ✔
- After sign bit
55. A typical disk contains ___ zones
56. Reason behind the Welsch NHS IT Failure was
57. Which of the following is true about problem solving?
58. Which of the following protocol helps to store the email messages on local machine while retrieving email messages from the receiving server?
59. ENIAC stands for:
60. After how long we should take the sample depends on how ____ definition sound recordings are required
61. Computer science approaches some problems by establishing a well defined set building blocks from which algorithm representation can be constructed. These building block are ____
62. Which tier of ISP is the backbone of internet?
63. The core of reverse engineering is an activity called
- restructure code
- extract abstractions
- interactivity ✔
64. How many iterations are required to find 90 in the following array?
65. When applied to a list with n entries, the binary search algorithm will interrogate an average of ___ entries
66. To control access to the printer, the ___ must keep track of whether the printer has been allocated
67. ___ is a type of malware which can replicate itself into other computers connected in a network
- Virus ✔
- Trojan Horses
68. If While(i<=n). The loop will keep executing until ‘i’ remains
69. LAN stands for
70. ___ produces the output as 1 when both of the inputs are 1
71. In ___ one user can executing several tasks simultaneously
72. What does FTP stands for ___
73. N-unicast refers to:
74. Subtraction can be simulated by ___ and negation
- Addition ✔
- Two’s complement
75. Computer science has many ___ in almost every field of the real world
76. CPU and RAM are connected with ___ to communicate with each other
- BUS ✔
77. Most ___ codes use today are Huffman codes
78. If we are interested to search anywhere in the body of the document, we can use ___ operator
- Intext ✔
- Align title
79. How many iterations are required to find 88 in the following array?
80. Computer fraud and abuse act passed in
81. RAM stands for:
82. A program that is believed to be correct and a program that is correct. The two are
Not necessarily same
83. ___ is the most demanded job in United State
84. The ___ consists of the instructions that tell the control unit to request an activity within the arithmetic/logic unit.
Control unit group
85. The connection between networks to form an internet is handled by devices known as ___
86. George Boole invented the ___ operations
87. A long string of bits is often called a ___
88. ___ loop structure referred to as a posttest loop
89. According to famous Job market website most of the jobs are available in ___
90. The computers of the ___ were not very flexible or efficient
1940s and 1950s
1950s nd 1960s
1961s nd 1970s
91. You can search images even by giving a query of another image using Google images ___
92. Star topology based network cannot detect ___
93. The loudness of sound varies directly with the vibrating
94. Which of the following is true about UDP in comparison to TCP?
Less reliable but more efficient
More reliable but less efficient
More reliable and more efficient
Less reliable and less efficient
95. ___ connects computer over a large geographical area or world
96. Post test loop structure refer to?
Test for termination is performed before the body is executed
Test for termination is performed with the body is executed
Test for termination is performed after the body is executed
Test for termination is performed as well as the body is executed
97. Due to the volatility and limited size of a computer’s main memory, most computers have additional memory devices called ___
98. What does HTTP stands for ___
Hexadecimal text transfer protocol
Holding text transfer protocol
Hearing text transfer protocol
Hyper Text Transfer Protocol
99. Which of the following could be the correct URL for a HTML file named “sample”, with a directory path “com/etc” at a server named “star.com”?
100. We have cleared off enough space for the cards but are not allowed to push additional materials back to make more room. The restriction is in
101. Which of the following is the component name of iterative structure in which initial state is established
102. The large fictional memory space created by paging is called
Virtual memory ✔
Short term memory
103. What is the ASCII code for alphabet “A”?
104. Instant messaging in which people carry on a written conversation over the Internet, is an example of which model?
105. Which of the following network layer is responsible to recognize that the packet has reached its final destination?
106. It is the responsibility of application layer to
Use the services of the name servers to translate mnemonic addresses into IP addresses
Ensure that the messages are properly formatted for transmission over the internet
Add sequence numbers to the small segments of a message
Determine the direction in which to forward packets
107. In floating point notation if value of sign bit is zeros its mean that the value is ___
108. Which of the following technology is not related to the client side working?
109. If 15 is divided by 5 using respective subtraction, how many steps it involves?
110. ___ is a short version of binary digit, a smallest unit to store data
111. ___ can store unique pattern of 21 bits
112. ___ CPU can better cope with the ever increasing complexities
113. Algorithm for finding binary representation of a positive decimal number contain ___ steps
114. An important task of an ___ is the allocation of the machine’s resources to the processes in the system
115. TIFF is abbreviation of ___
Toggle Image File Format
Template Image File Format
Tagged Image File Frame
Tagged Image File Format
116. Diameter of COMPACT DISK is
117. We can use Boolean operators specially to find relevant pages
118. USB nd Firewire provide several hundred ___
119. The bit 0 represents the value false and the bit 1 represents the value ___
120. While sending a message it is the ___ layer’s responsibility to provide an address that is compatible with the Internet infrastructure
121. What is the fill form of CGI?
Common Gateway Interface
Collective Gateway Interface
Console Gateway Interface
Collaborative Gateway Interface
122. Establishing a well-defined set of building blocks from which algorithm representations can be constructed, such a building block is called a ___
123. Another lossless data compression technique is ___
124. ___ refers to the address of a file (resource) accessible on the Internet
Uniform Resource Locator (URL)
125. While searching weather we will simply add
The access points of weather
The location with the word “Weather”
126. By attaching the ___ to a message the sender can mark the message as authentic
127. If you are interested to search a query for a specific file type, you can include such ___ in the query
128. A CPU consists of three parts ___
ALU/control unit, register
129. Each time a process finishes task the operating system either allocates the recourse to a waiting process or if no process is waiting it ___ the flag
130. ___ tag contains the information related to metadata that is not usually displayed on the webpage
131. The control of a loop consists of the ___ activities
132. World Wide Web was adopted as standard approach for linking documents over the Internet because
No alternate existed at that time
No existing alternative approach was more widely used at that time
It got widely popular after incorporating support for multimedia contents
Existing alternative approaches were not very efficient
133. The materil that is displayed on the screen is contained in the ___ of the HTML document
134. ___ provides a network the internet connectivity
135. Which of the following is the variation of firewalls?
136. Basic arithmetic operations are
137. Email is less time sensitive so the mail servers use ___ to transfer email
138. The ___ resides on a computer containing hypertext documents to be
139. What is correct expression for finding factorial where f=1, i=1;
140. Flip flops produce output ___
141. In multi-programming each job is given a ___
Small time interval
A regular time interval
Simple time interval
142. One of the major uses of the ___ operation is for placing 0s in one part of a bit pattern while not distributing the other part
143. Which of the following feature was incorporated on the early version of World Wide Web?
Tracking of various versions of a document
Storing the documents is an unstructured way
Flexible searching with the help of Metadata
144. JCL is abbreviation of ___
Job controller language
Job communication language
Job control logic
Job control language
145. When applied to a list with n entries the sequential search algorithm will interrogate an avergae of ___ entries
146. Google does not distinguish the capital letters or small letters
This is called case-insensitive
This is called case-sensitive
147. The ___ is the state of the process must be sufficient to determine uniquely and completely the actions required by each step
148. www stands for ___
World Wide Web
World White Web
World Wild Web
World While Web
149. What will be the output of following pseudo code?