CS403-DBMS Quiz MCQS #Objective #Questions #Finalterm
1. Consider a table “emp” having fields Empname, EmpID, Age, salary.
Which of the following is true if the following SQL statement tries to execute?
ORDER BY Age;
- The statement has a syntax error
- The statement displays the entire fields from emp in which the Empname is ALI in any order
- The statement displays the entire foelds from emp in which the Empname is ALI in descending order of their age
- The statement displays the entire fiels from which the Empname is ALI in ascending order of their age
2. Suppose we have two tables T1 and T2. Tuples of T1 that do not match some row in T2 will not appear in
- Outer Join
- Inner Join
- Both I and II
3. Which of the following is one of the purposes of using DDL commands?
- inserting records into databases
- updating records into databases
- manipulating databases
- creating and destroying databases
4. What happens if the WHERE clause is omitted from a DELETE statement?
- All records from the table are deleted
- No record from the table will be deleted
- The first record of the table will be deleted
- The statement will not be executed and will give a syntax error
5. Consider the two relations,
Supplier(S_no, S_name, Contact_No, Address) and
Which of the following statement give(s) a list of supplier names supplying the item with item_no ‘555’?
- SELECT S_name FROM Supplier WHERE item_no=’555′
- SELECT S_name FROM Supplier WHERE Supplier.S_no=Supply.S_no AND item_no=’555′
- SELECT S_name FROM Supplier WHERE S_no EXISTS(SELECY S_no FROM Supply WHERE item_no=’555′)
- SELECT S_name FROM Supplier WHERE S_name EXISTS(SELECT S_name FROM Supply WHERE item_no=’555′)
6. Which of the following is used with INSERT command to insert values in DB table?
7. Which of the following is a String function in SQL?
8. Which of the following is used to filter rows according to some conditions(s)?
9. The value of a function in SQL is always determined by the input parameters.
10. Truncate is an alternative of Delete command.
11. Columns used to uniquely identify individual rows of a given table, may be specified to be not NOT NULL.
12. UPDATE command belongs to which type of Classification
13. Data Manipulation Language (DML) is the set of commands used to maintain and query a database including updating, inserting, modifying, and retrieving data.
14. Which of the following is not true regarding clustering?
It increases efficiency since related records are placed close to each other.
Clustering makes records, difficult to access
suitable to relatively static situations
It is a process, which means to place records from different tables to place in adjacent physical locations.
15. Which of the following is an aggregate function
16. Which of the following clauses allows to sort the records in the result set?
17. Truncate command response time is ___ as compared to Delete command.