1. It ensures that a class only has one instance and provides a global point of access to it.
- Singleton pattern (page # 142) ✔
- Observer pattern
- Real pattern
2. The static structural model shows the major system…..
- Components (page # 126) ✔
3. Complex Expressions:
- Make the code easy to modify
- Make the code difficult to modify (page # 164)✔
- Make the code easy to understand
- Does not affect the understandability
4. N-tier architecture stems from the struggle to find a —— between the fat-client architecture and thin-client architecture.
- Distribution point
- Middle ground (page # 131) ✔
5. MVC stands for:
- Model View Controller (page # 140) ✔
- Modern View Centre
- Model View Centre
- Modern View Controller
6. Class Variables should never be declared public. Public variables violate which of the following:
- Information Hiding
- Information Hiding & Encapsulation (page # 158) ✔
7. —– provides a unified interface to a set of interfaces in a sub-system.
- Observer Pattern
- Singleton Pattern
- Façade Pattern (page # 143) ✔
- All of the above
8. “Description of communicating objects and classes that are customized to solve a general design problem in a particular context.” is called ——
- Design pattern (page # 137) ✔
- System pattern
- System Design
9. In the N-tier architecture, the idea is to enhance scalability and —— by distributing both the data and the application using multiple server machines.
- Performance (page # 131) ✔
10. In case of a file servers, client requests selected records from a ….. and the server transmits records to client over the network.
- Local memory
- File (page #129 ) ✔
11. Alpha testing is:
- Testing individual components independent of other components
- Testing a collection of dependent components
- Validation against user expectations
- Acceptance testing for customized projects, in-house testing for products
12. Code should not be:
13. When an error is thrown the overall system (on the lookout for this error flag) responds by ___ the error.
- All of the given
14. The complexity of a program may ___ if there are exceptional paths in it.
- Remain the same
- All of given options
15. Which of the following is used for multi-level commenting?
- // Comment
16. Testing of collection of modules to discover interfacing problems among interacting modules is called
- Unit testing
- Module testing
- Subsystem testing
17. Which of the following shows a commented statement in C++
- # Ans = first + second
- // Ans = first +second
- \ Ans = first + second
- /# Ans = first + second
18. STL stands for ___
- Standard Template Library
- Standard Type Link
- Standard Tempo Line
19. There are ___ layers in CSI reference model.
20. Floating point constants should always be written wth decimal point and at leat
- one decimal
- two decimal
- three decimal
21. In case of using unrelated operators in a single expression, ___ would be best choice to prevent the logical errors.
- Short cuts
22. Physical view in Krutchen’s 4+1 architectural view model captures ___
- Object model of the design
- Concurrency and synchronization aspects of the design
- Mapping(s) of the software onto the hardware and reflects its distributed aspect
- Static organization of the software in its development environment
23. Which of the following is/are among ten things, which the basic template of GOF design pattern includes.
- All of the given
24. Data-Centered Architectural Style is also called ___
- Repository model
- Client Server model
- Sub system model
- Reference model