1. Bounded Buffer is a buffer of ___ size.
- Fixed ✔
2. Which could not be the advantage of thread?
Separate address space
Best in a multiprocessing environment
Short term ✔
4. First ___ entries in Per Process File Descriptor Table are used as soon as the process is created.
5. Which part of the computer system helps in managing the file and memory management system?
- Operating system ✔
- Device Drivers
- Application software
6. Swapper is also termed as Short term scheduler.
- False ✔
7. A time-sharing system is:
- All of these ✔
8. The main characteristic of a Real-time system is:
- Efficiency ✔
- Large Virtual Memory
- The large secondary storage device
9. Linux uses ___ directory to store system configuration files.
- /etc ✔
10. A Process ‘A’ that has finished working but its parent process has also finished its execution. In this state, the process ‘A’ will be called as___.
- Zombie ✔
11. The problem with priority scheduling algorithm is ___
- Nice value
12. The priorities of processes in the ___ group remain fixed
13. Batch programs are usually ___ programs
14. The number of processes completed per unit time is called ___
- Turn around time
- Response time
- Dispatch latency
15. A process is said to be in critical section if it executes code that manipulates shared data
16. When processes are generated using fork() system call and then after that they are coordinated with each other using IPC channel. They are utilizing a separate address space for each of process (parent, child),, kernel resouces and IPC channel. This makes it a more heavy. Which strategy can be used to make it light?
- Termination of child process when these become more
- Scheduling of each process
- Use of threads
- Use of Batch systems
17. Kernel is responsible for scheduling the user level threads
18. In Unix/Linux environment Ali wants to know the number of processes running on the system and their status, number of CPUs in the system and their usage, amount of main memory and its usage. Which of the following command will help in this regard?
- $ ps
- $ gcc
- $ fifo
- $ top