1. Postfix defines how much of an address used to identify the network.
- False ✔
2. ___ is a technique used to Limit datagram size to small MTU of any network.
- Fragmentation ✔
3. The address ___ identifies the physical network to which the computer is attached, while the ___ identifies an individual computer on that network.
- prefix, suffix ✔
- suffix, prefix
- suffix, suffix
4. ___ layer provides reliable delivery of datagram.
- Transport ✔
5. Routers use ___ to forward datagrams along a prearranged path.
- Flow label ✔
- Destination address
- Traffic class
6. One of the parameters, which motivated IP for change is address space. The ___ address space allows for over a million networks. But most networks are class C and too small for many organizations.
- 32-bit ✔
7. Inside a computer, each address mask is stored as a ___-bit value.
- 32 ✔
8. In ___, the protocol address assigned to a computer is chosen carefully so that the computer’s hardware address can be computed from the protocol address using Boolean and arithmetic operations.
- Table Lookup
- Address Resolution
- Message Exchange
- Closed-form Computation ✔
9. As the internet grew, the original classfull addressing scheme became a limitation. The IP address space was being exhausted because all networks had to choose one of two possible sizes.
- True ✔
10. ___ protocols of the TCP/IP layering model specify the format of packets sent across the internet as well as the mechanisms used to forward packets from a computer through one or more routers to a final destination.
- Physical Layer
- Network Interface Layer
- Internet Layer ✔
- Transport Layer