Assignment No. 3
Total Marks: 20
• Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
• The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
• Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
• After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
• Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
• The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q1. Thinking, speaking and writing are closely related to each other. If you are familiar with the essential rules of good English and think clearly, you will speak and write with confidence – the confidence that comes from a sense of having mastered the rules and conventions which must be followed in all acceptable writing. Keeping this in mind, define a sentence and write down 5Ws (who, what, where, when why) for each of the sentences in the given table. (3+1*7=10 Marks)
Q2. Writing is not easy, especially in a foreign language. Writing is, in fact, a process. It is done in a series of steps and stages. A paragraph is a series of sentences about one main thought, idea or point. A paragraph typically starts with a point and the rest of the paragraph provides details to support and develop that point. Keeping this in mind, arrange the following paragraph in the suggested order. Also, provide a suitable title to the given text.
1. Her parents are going to stop giving her money after college. 2 She is in search of a job. 3. She decided to get information about applying to the job. 4. Anna is a senior student in college. 5. This morning, she read in the paper about a job downtown. 6. Life there can be very difficult.7. It is expensive. 8. She lives in New York City. 9. The job sounded interesting and offered good pay. (1+1+8*1=10Marks)
ENG101 Assignment_3 Solution Spring_2018 ———————- Download