1. Which of the following process is the automatic psychological process of receiving aural stimuli?
- Hearing ✔
2. Interpersonal communication processes depend on how many qualities of the communicator?
- Five ✔
- More than ten
3. Each morning Amna decides how to dress? what to eat? where to go? etc. This refers to which of the following level of communication?
- Interpersonal Communication
- Mediated Communication
- Intrapersonal Communication ✔
- Person-to-Group Communication
4. Which one of the following statement defines the situational context of interpersonal communication?
- It concerns your reactions to the other person.
- It deals with the psycho-social “where” you are communicating. ✔
- It is who you are and what you bring to the interaction.
- It deals with the physical “where” you are communicating.
5. Farah was doubtful about Saman’s intentions when she was trying to convince her to invest in the new project. Which form of listening it is?
- Empathic listening
- Critical listening
- Active listening ✔
- Preferential listening
6. Which of the following is a strategy for better listening?
- Listen for facts, not feelings ✔
- Listen for feelings only.
- Listen for feelings as well as facts.
- Listening to facts that demonstrate feelings
7. Mediated communication occurs through:
- Letters, reports, forms, and interoffice memoranda ✔
- Letters, newspapers, and radio
- Newspapers, books, and TV
- TV, radio and wall chalking
8. What type of communication it would be when co-workers decide to meet to deal with a problem?
- Intrapersonal ✔
9. What is involved in the communication process?
- Idea-encoding-channel-decoding-feedback ✔
10. All of the following are the tips to become a better listener, EXCEPT:
- Don’t talk while listening
- Keep an open mind
- Don’t jump to conclusions
- Creating interruptions ✔
11. Partial or marginal listening can distort the intent of which of the following?
- Message ✔
- All of the given
12. Select who/which of the following is responsible to initiate actions to overcome physical barriers:
- Sender ✔
13. A thesis statement is a ___ of your speech.
- Core idea or bottom line ✔
- End of the speech
- Indirect statement
14. In general, there are ___ of newspaper indexes:
- Two kinds
- Three kinds ✔
- Many kinds
- None of the given
15. ___ is a process which demands that full attention be paid to the spoken material.
- Listening ✔
16. Conflicting information develops:
- Mental turbulence ✔
- Good understanding
- Psychological disorders
- Sharp thinking
17. When centring on the audience, you start by finding ___ that enable you to identify with them.
- Rare traits
- Common traits ✔
- Extraordinary character
- Unusual quality
18. Which of the following is correct about human memory?
- Not very sharp
- Reconstructive ✔
- Poorly developed
- All of the given
19. Self-confident individuals stand more erect than those:
- who lack confidence ✔
- who are over-confident
- who are submissive
- who are arrogant
20. Audience information such as age, gender, education, and socioeconomic status falls into a category known as
- Demographics ✔
21. Which type of speaking relies on speaking notes?
- Manuscript ✔
22. All of the following correct about the rules of finding a topic of speech except:
- begin early
- choose a topic you are interested in
- select a topic you know about or easily research
- electronic periodical indexes ✔
23. Which of the following is not a demographic characteristic?
- cultural background ✔
24. Which one of the following pattern is especially effective if the audience already knows that the problem exists?
- problem/solution order
- cause/effect order ✔
- deductive order
- inductive order
25. All of the following statements are the purposes of forming an outline for a speech EXCEPT one. Which one is it?
- It helps put order to the information
- It serves as a model to check your work
- It serves as a guide from which to deliver your speech
- It helps to build confusion for the listeners ✔
26. All of the following types of periodicals except:
- Note-cards ✔
27. Which one of the following is a planned and rehearsed speech that uses different words during rehearsals?
- Manuscript speech
- Memorized speech
- Impromptu speech
- Extemporaneous speech ✔
28. Which phrase shows the key rule to make a good speech?
- To keep in mind that audiences care most about things that directly affect them
- To avoid the audience’s choice and most about things that directly affect them
- Centring on the self
- To keep in mind that idea that is presented in speech ✔
29. Which one of the following defines interpersonal communications communication that occurs between people who have known each other for some time?
- Development view
- Contextual view
- Relative view
- Virtual view
30. Which of the following involves grasping what the speaker means by seeing the ideas and information from his/her point of view?
31. On average, how faster a person can think than the listener can talk?
- Ten times
- Five times
- Four times
- Three times
32. Excitement is communicated by:
- A high-pitched voice
- The rapid rate of speaking
- Shrill voice
- All of the given
33. Motivation is the process of:
- Satisfying internal needs through actions and behaviours
- Resolving issues in an informal or formal atmosphere
- Maintaining public relations
- Working with other employees in a depressed atmosphere
34. ___ can also seriously impede the transmission of ideas.
35. Poor retention either on the part of the sender or on the part of the receiver can create problems or lead to ___
36. Which of the following is the process of giving symbols meanings through the unique contents of each person’s mind?
37. What does frequent eye contact show?
38. Which of the following is NOT a form of nonverbal communication?
- Facial expression
- A radio interview